On January 2, we celebrated our 5 month birthday! Our celebration included a trip to the pediatricians office where we got weighed. Riley now weighs 9lbs 15oz and I weigh 9lbs 13oz. We are so close to breaking the 10lb mark!
Some of the things we did this month:
- First and foremost, I got to come home! I have now been home almost exactly a month and I am loving every minute.
- We got to ditch our "tails" on Friday. Riley and I were both on home apnea monitors to make sure we didn't pull any funny business when eating. We did so well since we've been home that the doctor said we didn't need them anymore. While it was hard for Mommy and Daddy to adjust to no alarms at night, I know they are happy they don't have to carry our "purses" around anymore.
- We have gotten really good at holding our heads up. We aren't so thrilled with tummy time though but we are so close to rolling over. Soon we won't be bobbleheads anymore!
 |
| Riley practicing tummy time |
- We love napping in our playards in the family room. Mostly because there are fun warning labels all along the sides in different languages that we like to read. Grandma calls this practicing our French.
- Our activity mat remains our favorite play time activity. We kick our legs non-stop and love hitting the sheep, monkey and dog.
 |
| Me mesmerized by the monkey. |
 |
Playing on our playmat
|
 |
| Sometimes Arlie likes to get in on the fun too! |
- We have a chair that we sit in after we eat so that we can digest a little before laying down. This chair has a fun giraffe and zebra toy on the tray and this month we both reached out and grabbed them!
 |
| Riley playing with Giraffe and Zebra. |
- We still are trying to get our reflux under control. Riley and I are both good for at least one outfit change during the day...for us and Mommy and Daddy.
It was a great month! We had lots of fun visitors, lots of doctor appointments and lots of new experiences. Especially since we were both at home! Happy 2014!
No comments:
Post a Comment