Wednesday, November 27, 2013

On the Move

Today I made it one step closer to home.  I got to ride in an ambulance (without the lights) to transfer to the hospital that's closer to Mommy and Daddy's house.  This is the place where I would have been born if Riley and I hadn't decided to come so early.  Now that I am healthy and don't need the special preemie doctors and nurses anymore, I can practice my eating closer to home so that Mommy and Daddy can come visit me more.

Before I left, I went for one more test with Daddy.  They made me suck on a bottle filled with yucky stuff and watched it go down my throat.  The doctor wanted to make sure my throat had all the right parts in the right places and that there wasn't a physical reason why its taking me a bit longer to learn the suck, swallow, breathe steps.  I passed with flying colors.  They decided to make my milk a little bit thicker by using a special formula.  The doctors think that maybe if its a little thicker coming out of the bottle, maybe it won't surprise me so much when it hits the back of my throat and I won't close off my airway to protect my vocal chords.

Tomorrow I will share some pics of my new room, but for now, here's my final sign off from the Fairfax NICU.

Goodbye to all my friends at Fairfax Hospital!  

Riley waiting for me to come home.


No comments:

Post a Comment