Twin #2 - Riley
Clearly we still have some work to do :).
Today we helped Mommy celebrate her birthday. We each made her a card with our footprints. This would be our Aunt Jessie's favorite part if she worked in the NICU - maybe they can hire her to be the birthday card maker.
Emerson and I both got our replogel out today! Now we only have one tube left in our mouth. Our nurse hopes that helps with our drooling! Even though we still have big bellies, normally babies on the lowest level of CPAP no longer require the replogel because not much air is being pushed in through the mask, so the doctors want to see how we do without it. They decided to hold both of our food amounts steady today to see if our intestines can catch up. They also moved our feeding tube to our stomach. Previously it was going directly into our intestine so that the replogel didn't suck out the food as soon as it got in there. Here's a picture of Emerson while she got her feeding tube changed out today.
Because of all the extra activity required to change our tubes (taking out the replogel, replacing our feeding tube, retaping our chin, and taking an xray to confirm it was in the right spot), our hands on time took a little bit longer than usual and Mommy was only able to hold me before she had to leave to take care of our furry brother and sister. Here's a picture of us snuggling together.
Wow! What a clever Nonni you have. So far she is the only one who can tell you apart! Next time you have a quiz, maybe you'll give me a hint. I don't want to be the pushover Grandma! I hope you enjoyed celebrating your mom's birthday with her today.
ReplyDeleteYou already know your Aunt Jessie so well. I promise I will practice to get to know you. Even though I can't tell you apart, doesn't mean I love you any less.
ReplyDelete~Aunt Jessie
Mommy looks awesome!
ReplyDelete