Today was a big day in more ways than one....
Big Belly
Emerson's nurse thought her belly looked a little bit big this morning (they measure our waistline during each hands on time), so she had an xray done. It was just air from her CPAP. She hasn't learned to burp as good as our Daddy yet. The nurse moved her replogle tube down a little bit to see if it could capture more of the air. What's a replogle you are probably asking? Emerson and I each have two tubes in our mouth. One is our feeding tube, which goes straight to our intestines, and carries Mommy's milk to help us get big and strong. The second is a replogle, which flows the opposite direction, taking air out of our bellies. Emerson and I both like to pull on them a lot, which makes the nurses mad because if we move them, they have to do an xray to make sure they are still in the correct position. That's why we both have so much tape on our face to hold them in place.
Big Help
Mommy held Emerson and I today for an hour each. While Mommy was holding me, I decided I would help her by holding onto my CPAP. Mommy thought this was really cute until I pulled one of the prongs out of my nose and my heart rate slowed down too much.
Big Eyes
Emerson was really happy to be out from under the lights today. When Mommy got here, her eyes were wide open and she even looked at Mommy when she talked to her.
Big Girls
Emerson and I have both gotten bigger. I am now 2 pounds 15 ounces...I have almost passed the 3lb mark! My food is up to 4.4ml per hour. Emerson is now 2 pounds 10 ounces. Her food is still at 3.4ml per hour. Her doctor decided to increase her a bit more slowly to give her belly a chance to recover.
Almost 3 pounds, you go Riley! Sounds like Emerson knows her Mommy's voice, that's so sweet. Looking forward to seeing all of you on Sat. Love, Nonni
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they don't measure my waist every day! Keep up the good work girls...and don't give the nurses too hard a time. There's plenty of years for you to make your daddy get gray hair. Love both of you to pieces. Love, Aunt Jessie
ReplyDelete