Friday, August 23, 2013

Three Weeks Old!

Happy birthday to us!  We are three weeks old today and boy are we growing up!

Both Emerson and I are now wearing bigger diapers.  Here's a picture of Emerson showing off her new drawers.  She's up to 2 pounds 12 ounces and she's getting 4.5ml of food now.   She's getting so strong she picked up her whole head while Mommy was holding her.  She also likes to do yoga in her bed.  This afternoon the nurse saw her do a full push up while she was lying on her belly.


I am three weeks old and three pounds!!  I graduated to the lowest level of CPAP support today, so Emerson and I are the same now.  I also shed my umbilical scab this morning (known as my "dangly thing" by my Mommy).  Here's a picture of me showing off my new cute belly button!  I am up to 5.6ml of food an hour. My billi levels went back up, so I had to go back under the lights this afternoon after Mommy held me.  I am going to start getting some extra calories soon (the doctors will fortify my milk) so that I can continue to get bigger.


Emerson and I got some new digs this afternoon.  When Mommy arrived today, they were wheeling me down the hall and I breathed on my own for the whole trip.  We lost our corner office, but now we have a whole wall in a new room in the NICU.  There are a lot of babies here just like us, last time we counted, there were 93.  Some are singletons, a bunch are twins and there are even some triplets!  There are so many of us they had to open a new room and we got picked to try it out.

 

2 comments:

  1. Happy threes! Three pounds and three weeks! Yay! About the drawers.......ask your Mom how much she and Melissa and Jessie loved the big drawers in Vanity Fair! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. This family has never ending jokes about underpants! Don't worry at some point grandma will also show you how to tuck your shirt into your underpants so your belly never hangs out. Happy 3 week birthday sweet girls! Keep up the growing so I can meet you and spoil you soon. Love Aunt Melissa

    ReplyDelete