Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mommy Visits and Daddy Holds Emerson

Today Mommy, Daddy, Grandma, and Grandpops visited us today.  Since Mommy was still running a slight fever she did not get any hands on time and wore a mask.  So far today though, she has not run a fever so we can't wait for her to have hands on time and gets to hold us!

Riley is back on milk feeds getting .6ml of milk an hour.  She is also off of the blue light as well, which is exciting.  They will test her billi levels through the next couple of days to see if it increases or if her liver is fully functioning.  Riley is also still on CPAP which is good, she is doing well.  Daddy changed her diaper and took her temperature.  Riley is also learning to suckle on a pacifier which is really important for her development, see her holding it here:


Daddy also took my temperature and changed my diaper today.  I am also on CPAP again and doing really well.  I am on .6ml of milk as well.  I have to go back under the ultraviolet light again though since my billi levels started going back up again, my liver is not fully developed and functioning yet.  The only time I had a "brady" was when Daddy was explaining to Grandpops what a "brady" was, so I decided to show him.  A brady (FYI) is when Riley or I stop breathing and our heart rate drops below 80, it happens when we are in deep REM sleep, our brains have not developed fully to maintain our breathing and heart rate during REM sleep and it is normal part of development.  To "fix" it, nurses run over and shake us out of our deep slumber which starts our breathing and heart back up again.  

The big event of the day was when Daddy got to hold me for an hour resting against his chest to keep me warm.  Here are some pics:

Here I am passed out: 

Here I am trying to figure out what this hairy stuff is:

Here I am looking at Daddy, handsome man if I may say so myself:

3 comments:

  1. Can you add a "Just love it" button :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet :). Love following the girls development on this blog!! Love to you all!!
    Xo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys are doing this blog- I love knowing what the girls are up to, who is visiting, what they are thinking, and of course seeing the pictures. Doing it from their perspective was a great idea- and what good vocabularies they have already! :) Keep up the good growing R&E!
    Love, Sparky

    ReplyDelete