Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Boring is Good

When Mommy and Daddy arrive each day, the nurses that are taking care of us give them our daily report about how we are doing.  They tell them how much food we are getting, what our CPAP settings are, any changes to our billi levels, any new orders from the doctors, and whether or not we've been behaving.  For some reason, Mommy and Daddy sometimes say "We'll take boring."  We're not sure why they call us boring, we think our days are pretty interesting.

For instance, here's Riley showing off her jazz hand, breaking free of her super nest.  Despite their best efforts, they can't hold a wiggly girl down!  The nurses always say she's feisty.



And here I am modeling my shades under the lights.  Lucky for me, my billi levels were low enough today that they were able to turn off my tanning booth this afternoon by the time Dad arrived.   I have a habit of sleeping with my mouth wide open which allows some of my oxygen to escape, so the nurse tried to get creative when trying to hold my pacifier in.


They are still working on slowly increasing my food up to where it was before my blood transfusion.  Riley is up to 4.2 ml of food, I bet I'll catch up soon.  Mommy held both of us today for an hour each and we both did really well.  I remembered to breathe the entire time and Riley did good keeping her oxygen levels up.  It was so quiet without any alarms going off that Mommy almost took a nap with us.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why they would call you boring either. I find everything about you interesting! And I love reading your daily blog. Keep up the good work. There are lots of people cheering you on! And we all love you both very much. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete