Friday, August 9, 2013

Grandma and Grandpops Visit!

Dad had an exciting day today, he ran some errands today, and then saw a single car accident on Route 7.  He waited for the ambulance and police to arrive.  Everyone was okay.  Mom still could not visit as she was feeling a little under the weather.  Grandma is at home though nursing her back to health, hopefully she can visit tomorrow and hold us.

The exiting news of the day, Grandma and Grandpops got to visit today.  Grandma got to see Dad change Emerson's diaper.  Both are shocked at how small we are but enjoyed seeing us nonetheless.  Emerson got a peek at Grandma because she is no longer on the UV light to help with reducing blood toxins, so no more pictures of her (hopefully) in a crazy blue light.  She is also back on .2ml of milk and doing well.  She is also still on SIPAP with normal air.  Here she is in normal light:


I on the other hand am struggling with milk.  Last night I had to much fluid coming out of my stomach so they stopped the milk.  I got back on the milk around 12:00pm today and seem to be doing okay.  I have some fluid coming out of my stomach but they believe that is old fluid so doctors and nurses will be monitoring me closely.  I have graduated to CPAP and no longer need SIPAP support with normal air, which is a good milestone, hopefully I keep it up!  Here is a pick of me, as you can see I am not a big fan of the CPAP mask, and I am ready to get rid of if, bring on breathing on my own!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog which is educational, interesting and humorous. I am praying for their continued maturity so I can see them firsthand soon. Love, Auntie Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Emerson is off the blue light. Wonderful news about Riley being on CPAP. Give them our love when you see them today. Hope Mommy gets to go too!

    ReplyDelete