Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Big Bellies

Emerson gained weight over the past few days and she is now up to 3 pounds!  She's also almost caught up to me and is now getting 6.5ml food per hour.  She got her central line out last night, so she's taking full feeds from her feeding tube.   I am 3 pounds 2 ounces and am getting 6.6ml of food an hour.  They also added some extra calories to my milk to help me gain weight.  

We both had really big bellies today, the doctors are watching us very closely and the nurses measure our waists every four hours to make sure they aren't getting any bigger.  By the time Daddy came to visit after work, both of our bellies had gone down a little which was good.  The doctor still thinks we're just full of hot air from our CPAPs, but they want to make sure we aren't having trouble with our nutrition.  Once Emerson's stomach goes down a bit more, she will start to get extra calories in her food too.  

Today Mommy held me, and Daddy held Emerson.  Luckily neither of our kangaroo times made the monitors go off today!  Before Mommy held me, I had to get the tape on my chin changed.  I didn't like this one bit.  Especially since I was sound asleep before that.  I got a cute pink hat after my bath this morning.


Emerson was sleeping so soundly after Mommy held me that they decided not to wake her up.  That meant Daddy got a surprise chance to hold her for a little while after work.  


Even though we look really sleepy in our pictures today, our nurse told Mommy we were feisty.  Whenever she had to change our masks or hats, she had to hold our hands down with a blanket so we didn't try to swat her away.  

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work girls! Ask the nurses how they would like it if somebody measured their waists every four hours! No wonder you gave them a good swat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see some style trending little girls in the Burkes future. I love the pink hat!

    ReplyDelete