Twin #1:
Riley and I both had to have our feeding tubes and replogels redone today, they were hanging too far out of our mouth which was just too tempting for us to pull on. Riley cried a little when the nurse took the tape off her face, not because it was too sticky, but because the nurse held her hands down while she did it. This was the first time Mommy had to walk away because it made her too sad to hear Riley cry.
Today when Mommy was holding me, I picked up my head off her chest and completely turned it around to face the other direction...twice! This made Mommy laugh.
Riley is up to 3 pounds 3 ounces and is now taking 7.3ml food per hour. I am still 3 pounds, and getting 6.5ml of food, but they are adding extra calories to my food beginning today. The extra calories are added using a fortifier which comes from cow's milk. Cow's milk sometimes isn't tolerated well by preemies so the doctors will keep a close eye on us to make sure we are digesting it okay, but it is the best way to get us to gain weight. Our bellies are doing a little bit better today, and our xrays this morning to reset our feeding tubes showed that it was just air that was puffing us up. The doctors call them "CPAP bellies."

My guess:
ReplyDeleteTwin #1 - Riley
Twin #2 - Emerson
But for real, can we paint a toenail or something?
Love you guys!
~Aunt Jessie
Richard agrees with Jessie. I think twin 1 is Emerson and twin 2 is Riley, but this is a tough test! Hope I don't lose grandma points if I am wrong. Love, Nonni
ReplyDeleteEmerson is doing great to be lifting her head. I bet that was cool to see. Something amazing each day! Love, Nonni
ReplyDeleteI vote twin 1 Riley and twin 2 Emerson. Of course we all know I am not the scholarly one so the pass/fail stuff does not work well for me!
ReplyDeleteI also agree twin #1 is Riley and twin #2 is Emerson.
ReplyDeleteI love them both!!
I have to agree with the majority. Twin #1 is Riley and Twin #2 is Emerson. What's the prize if we get it right?
ReplyDeleteHey girls: I forgot to remind you to be especially nice to your Mom tomorrow. It's her birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to Riley's pink hat? That's how I planned to identify her. Happy Birthday Caryn, could you ask for a better present than two beautiful children, a great husband and two lovable dogs not to mention a wonderful set of relatives and friends all reading your blog with daily anticipation. Love Auntie Susan
ReplyDelete