We didn't get to pose for many pictures today because every time Mommy and Daddy came in our room, our lights were down low and we were sound asleep. They learned in their class that preemie brains are smooth, not like adult brains that are wrinkly, and in order for our brains to get more developed and wrinkly (the wrinkles are where all the good stuff happens), we have to sleep a lot. That's why they cluster our care and try to do all their poking and prodding at the same time, so that we have lots of uninterrupted sleep time. Mommy and Daddy are getting so smart, their brains must be getting more wrinkly too!
Mommy did manage to capture one shot of me sneaking my thumb into my mouth. Daddy quickly replaced it with a pacifier. I gained an ounce since my last weigh in, so I am up to 2lbs 11 oz. My belly is still very distended, I guess you could say I'm full of hot air :). They ended up increasing my food at the end of the day anyway, so I am now getting 4ml/hour.
Mommy was really surprised when she arrived today and saw that Riley graduated to the next size of diapers! Riley is up to 5.2ml of food now. She's still hanging out just below 3lbs, but maybe tomorrow will be the big day.
Speaking of wrinkles, you will love pulling the skin on my wrinkly hands some day. Ask your Mom how! Love, Grandma
ReplyDelete