Monday, August 26, 2013

Deja Vous

Today when Mommy was holding Riley, the power to our monitors went off again.  We are starting to think that holding us may be the jinx.  Luckily Mommy could tell the nurses all the steps that they took yesterday to fix the problem.  She's not convinced the same thing won't happen again tomorrow though.

Riley is up to 6.4ml of food an hour.  Her billi levels came down enough that she could come off of the photo therapy lights today.  This could be because she surprised Mommy with a very dirty diaper during her noon change.  We did a switcheroo though because my billi level went up, so now I am sporting the designer sunglasses.  They increased my food to 6ml per hour, so hopefully I start gaining more weight again.   I accidentally pulled out my feeding tube today.  I fell asleep so soundly on Mommy that I started drooling and the tape on my chin came loose which was the only thing holding in my feeding tube.  Hopefully I learn to keep my mouth closed when I'm sleeping because I am scheduled to get my central line out tonight so will be taking all of my food through my feeding tube.

We had a special visit from the physical therapist today.  She came before Mommy got there, so she didn't get to see us practicing our exercises.  The physical therapist comes to check on us periodically to make sure that we are meeting all of our milestones.  She was very happy with Riley and my performance today.

Daddy came to see us after work today.  He tried to take some pictures of us, but we weren't feeling particularly photogenic.  Here's a shot of Emerson laying out under the lights.  Say goodbye to the PICC line in her leg, she won't have it tomorrow!


Here's a picture of me catching some zzzs on my belly.  The IV in my arm is just temporary, until they are sure I can take all my food through my feeding tube.  They use it as a transition from the PICC line and once they get it in our tiny veins, they don't like to take it out until they are absolutely sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment