Sunday, October 20, 2013

Let the countdown begin!

As of 3pm this afternoon, Riley has made it 24 hours without a spell.  That means the countdown to 5 consecutive days spell free has begun!  The nurse told Mommy and Daddy this is often the most frustrating part for parents because they will get their hopes up that we are coming home and then we have another spell and the countdown starts all over.  I am still working on my swallow coordination so my countdown timer hasn't started yet.  Hopefully I catch up soon so that I'm not too far behind my sister! 

We know there are a lot of people very anxious to make our acquaintance once we come home.  Part of the training that Mommy and Daddy got from the doctors was education on how to keep our home environment safe for preemies like us.  The nurses told Mommy and Daddy that only people who have had a flu shot can come visit us until springtime.  If we were to get the flu or a cold this winter, we could very easily end up back in the hospital and we don't want that since we have worked so hard to get healthy enough to leave!  If you or someone in your house feels sniffly, has a fever or a cough, we ask that you wait until you're feeling better to come visit us, we promise we won't grow up too much between now and then!  And we will have to wait to meet our smaller stature friends and family until the spring.   



1 comment:

  1. This is exciting news! I know, be cautiously optimistic, but still. They are little angels. I can't wait for them to go home and I'm just one of the grandmothers. I can't imagine what you two are feeling. Love, Nonni

    ReplyDelete