Thursday, October 17, 2013

Two Peas in a Pod

Today was a big day for me and my sister!  Mommy arrived only to find that our nurse had taken out our feeding tubes!  We did so well with our feeding yesterday and last night that she wanted to give us a 24 hour trial to see if we could go without them permanently.  So far so good today, we have finished almost all of our bottles!

We also got our hearing screening test today and we both passed!  They do the test when we are sleeping.  It's not like a grown up hearing test where you raise your hand when you hear a noise.  Instead, they hook up a bunch of electrodes on our head and measure the response of our hearing nerves and our ear canal.  We only have one more test we have to pass...the car seat challenge.  We will do that about three days before we go home.

Because of all the big steps we took today, our nurse decided to give Mommy one more big surprise and let her hold both of us at the same time!  We thought this made a good opportunity for the next installment of "Name that Twin!"  (Even Daddy didn't get this one right!).  Who is brave enough to guess?

8 comments:

  1. Aunt Jessie's up to challenge. I think the cutie on the right (Caryn's left) is Riley and the little one on the left (Caryn's right) is Emerson.
    I hope I'm right.
    I love you both no matter what (Even if Riley spits up!)
    ~Aunt Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand the cuteness! I agree with Aunt Jessie's guess. I'm sure we will get you mixed up for many days to come so thanks for the practice! You guys are doing so great! Keep up the good work! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jonathan's Jill here! I've been quietly stalking these cuties for too long; it's time to chime in. I think Emerson is on the right, Riley on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love their chubby cheeks - they are so adorable!
    When looking directly at the photo, I think Riley is on the left and Emerson is on the right. I won't feel so bad if I get it wrong since JB did. Love you guys! Nonni

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one in black,white and pink is Riley and the one in pink, white and black is Emerson. He he. I can't be wrong this time :). But my serious guess is Riley on the right and Emerson on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The girls are getting bigger everyday and more adorable. I think Riley is on Caryn's left and Emerson is on the right. Love, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. No idea who is who, but what a wonderful picture

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pic of mom and babes. Love it!

    ReplyDelete