Friday, October 18, 2013

Mirror Image

First things first - the answer to yesterday's quiz:  I was on Mommy's right (picture left) and Riley was on her left (picture right).

We made it 24 hours and still no feeding tubes!  We've been doing pretty great with our bottles, only leaving behind a few ccs overnight.  We are always both really sleepy for our noontime feeding, Mommy is convinced we are partying late night in the NICU.  She hopes this doesn't mean we are night owls.  Our nurse took away our feeding tube pumps from our bedside today, so hopefully that means they are gone for good!  Last step...stop having spells.  Right now, we are having about 2 a day, usually at least one while we are eating and one from reflux while we are sleeping.  I gave Mommy a good scare this afternoon when I refluxed out my nose and scared myself so much I stopped breathing.  Our nurse had to quick suction out my nose and mouth and then do a hard flick on my foot to make me scream and clear my throat.  We won't be able to come home until we stop playing those little tricks for at least five days in a row.  Yet another thing we have to mature into.  Our doctor says that will happen anytime between now and the next 2-3 weeks and we just have to be patient.




No comments:

Post a Comment