We got a new neighbor yesterday. He's a full term baby that needs to be under a LOT of billi lights. Today the overhead lights were turned down in our room so the whole room has a blue hue. Mommy said it looked like all the babies were having a dance party. She also peeked over at our new neighbor and couldn't believe how BIG he looked! I guess she thinks all new babies are as small as us now :).
Here are some pics of us in the NICU dance club, sorry they are so dark but we hate it when Mommy turns on the lights to take our pics:
Me:
Emerson doing the macarena:
Today we both moved to bolus feeds, so we are getting 27ml of food spread over 2.5 hours. We will start to have periods of no food to mimic real eating. We will probably stay at this rate for about 48 hours and then they will condense it to 2 hours, all the way down to 30 minutes.
I weigh 3 pounds 5 ounces and Emerson is catching up quick at 3 pounds 4 ounces. I am still having to work to maintain my body temperature which burns a lot of calories. Hopefully I learn to stay warm quick or my sister might pass me in weight! They turned up the temperature in my bed a little today to help me warm up. Since my temperature was still a little cold today, the nurse said I could only come out of my bed once, so Daddy got to be the lucky one who held me. Mommy got to hold Emerson while she visited.
HEEEYYY, Macarena...
ReplyDelete