Monday, September 23, 2013

Monday Showers

Today Riley was wide awake when Mommy arrived.  Now that her food is compressed to just 30 minutes, she should have more alert time waiting for her next meal.  Here she is playing with Mommy!  Oh yeah, high five!


Mommy also got a chance to see me work with the occupational therapist today.  She learned that gravity is not a preemies friend.  Gravity can make us keep our hands flexed open and our legs pushed down straight - both positions that are not typical for a newborn or a baby in utero.  The therapist taught Mommy exercises she could do with me to practice making a fist and bending my legs to build my muscle tone.  She also laid me on my side and my tummy which I liked a lot.  I did a good job, but OT is hard work!


Daddy came to visit after work today and I was more wide awake for his visit.  He hung out with Riley and I and cuddled with each of us for a while.  Mommy told us she was going by her office after her visit with us because her work friends were throwing her a shower to celebrate our arrival, too bad we couldn't go too!

No comments:

Post a Comment