Every day is a little different in the NICU...today Mommy did kangaroo care with both of us like she always does and then when Daddy came after work, he was allowed to hold us too! Riley was too cold so he wasn't able to take her out of her bed, but he and I had some quality time while I was wrapped up like a burrito in my swaddle. He thought this was great because he could see my face better than kangaroo time. Here's Mommy holding me. I wriggled all the way up so that my head was under her chin.
Both Riley and I were upset when Mommy had to put us back in our beds. Either that or we didn't like today's matching outfits.
My food is up to 9ml/hour, which is my goal level. Next step is bolus feeds. Riley is up to 8.8ml/hour, but her doctor hadn't visited yet when Mommy and Daddy were there, so she will probably get more food tonight. She pulled out her feeding tube last night, so now hers is in her nose just like me (for any of you who were using that as your way to decipher us!).
Matching outfits and matching feeding tubes and Mommy's not labeling your pictures...I'm doomed!
ReplyDeleteI love your matching outfits by the way.
Today was a special day because it was your Grandma and Grandpop's 41st wedding anniversary. They celebrated in SC, but will be back up to visit you guys real soon.
Love you both!
~Aunt Jessie
I agree with Jessie. Those of us on the outside need name tags on your pictures. You are both adorable but who is the one imitating Mick Jagger and his tongue?
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteActually, it looks like she might be channeling Aunt Margaret saying "Dede don't ike fish." I don't blame her for sticking her tongue out!
ReplyDelete