Sunday, September 15, 2013

We're free!

Do you want the good news or the [less good] news first :)?  (Correction: Aunt Melissa said it wasn't a good idea to say bad news at the beginning of a post when it wasn't really bad)

The good news is that we were sprung from isolation today!  Actually all babies from our old room were, the nurses did an excellent job keeping it contained.  Yet another reason Emerson and I are happy we were born in the hospital that we were.  The not good news is Mommy and Daddy were so excited to ditch the yellow gowns and gloves and actually be able to touch our skin again that they forgot to stop to take pictures :).

I am up to 4lbs 3oz now.  Mommy said my legs were actually looking a bit chubby today when she changed my diaper.  I am not sure if that's a compliment or not.  Emerson is right at 4lbs.  They had to push her food pace back to 2.5 hours to give her stomach a chance to catch up.  Her belly was looking much better today. They are going to try to take me off of my oxygen tomorrow to see how I do.  We both continue to get shots of epogen to kick start our red blood cells.  We also get extra iron to help with anemia.

Today was National Neonatal Nurses Day.  If you know someone who helps preemie babies like us for a living, make sure to tell them how important their job is!

2 comments:

  1. The first line of this post is a little like when your Grandma emails us with the subject 'sad news' and then it ends up being that Penny ran out of Pup Corn or something.

    Glad things are going well. And you both keep getting chubby...I want there to be lots to pinch and kiss.

    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew much better! Now I was not scared to read the rest of the post! Glad the yellow aliens are wearing their street clothes again. Yellow is a hard color to pull off.

    ReplyDelete