Saturday, September 7, 2013

Nonni and Granddaddy Visit

First, for the most burning topic...Twin #1 was me, Riley, and Twin #2 was Emerson in yesterday's post.  We had much better guessing performance than the first installment, so you must be practicing!   Good job!

I had a little trouble maintaining my oxygen saturation last night, so the doctor decided to give me a little help with supplemental oxygen through a nasal cannula.  This is often an intermediate step after the CPAP is removed, they will try to ween me from it in a few days.  Since they put the cannula in, my oxygen has been much better, it was at 100% most of the time Mommy and Daddy were visiting today.  Too bad we didn't have you guess who was who today!


Emerson and I got to visit with Nonni and Granddaddy today!  They came up to visit us, and Daddy held us while they were here.  We were very happy to see them.  Nonni hasn't seen us since we were first born, she thinks we look very pretty, especially now that you can see our faces better.  They can't wait until we are home and they can hold us too.

Here's Daddy holding me:


Emerson got to be held second, here she is sticking her tongue out at me because it was her turn:


Both of us had shots over the past two days to try to jump start our bone marrow and to give us some extra iron.  We still aren't making our own blood that efficiently, but they don't want to give us another transfusion because sometimes that can cause our marrow to get lazy at our age.  Instead they are trying to give our marrow a chance to kick in.

We both gained weight since our last weigh in.  I am now 3 pounds 11.5 ounces and Emerson is up to 3 pounds 6.5 ounces.  The nurse even reweighed me 3 times because she couldn't believe I'd gained almost 100 grams since I was last weighed.  I was also much warmer today, so hopefully that means I'm getting better at maintaining my body temperature.

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing our granddaughters, out of their isolettes and without the cpaps. They are beautiful and full of personality already! Emerson gave us smiles, yawns and lots of fun faces. Riley was more interested in sleeping, we all need our beauty sleep, you know.
    Lots of love, Nonni and Granddaddy

    ReplyDelete