Things are pretty much status quo with us in the NICU today, so we thought it might be time for the next installment of Name that Twin!
Twin #1:
Twin #2:
Today during Mommy's visit, she took a tour of the Intermediate Care Unit (IMC). This is where they send the "feeders and growers" - aka babies who don't require intensive care anymore but aren't quite ready to go home. At some point, Riley and I will end up in this NICU step down room so Mommy wanted to check it out and Daddy did too. The main purpose of this room is to get the babies and parents ready to go home. They will teach Mommy and Daddy how to bathe us, how to feed us, and how to care for us once we are discharged. It is on the same floor where Mommy was on bed rest so she saw some of her nurses while she was looking around.
Our nurse was named Connie today. Mommy said that's Nonni's name too! Now that we are both on bolus feeds, our hands on time has changed from once every four hours to once every three hours so Mommy got to be there for two chances to change our diapers today! She held both of us wrapped in our burritos since the NICU was too cold for skin to skin today. We were both wide awake and making really funny and expressive faces while she was holding us - smiles, blowing kisses, sticking out our tongues, and a few big yawns. She would have taken some pictures but they don't let you use your cell phone while you're holding us because there are too many germs (and they want to make sure you're paying attention!).
I am gonna go out on a limb and be the first to guess. I say Riley is twin 1 and Emerson is twin 2. You are gonna have to start playing loser bingo if I am wrong and you want me to keep playing :). Have a great weekend girls and lots of snuggles with mommy and daddy.
ReplyDeleteI'm agreeing with Melissa although I wouldn't bet the ranch. If your Mommy is so smart and can tell you apart, she should give us a hint! Grandpops thinks that Riley is twin #2 and Emerson is twin#1. Will be anxious for the answer tomorrow. Have a nice weekend! Love, Grandma
ReplyDeleteI think Riley is Twin#1 and Emerson is Twin #2 . Hope I am correct this time!!
ReplyDeleteI think Twin #1 is Emerson and Twin #2 is Riley. I was hoping Twin #2 was calling me to give me a hint, but it appears she's on the phone with someone else.
ReplyDeleteThis really is hard. My guess is twin 1 is Riley and twin 2 is Emerson. Richard thinks it is the opposite (of course). I think I will spend my whole life guessing which one is which. Looking forward to seeing them in person today!! Love, Nonni
ReplyDeleteWow--this is tough! I think I agree with Jessie on this. It might be simpler just to call them Remerson and Emerily.
ReplyDelete