Emerson is off her oxygen and doing great today! She was wide awake when Mommy arrived. Now that she's off her oxygen, Mommy was tempted to play the Name That Twin game, but she thought it wouldn't be fair.
Emerson and my hands on times are an hour apart, so I can usually hear Mommy or Daddy talking to Emerson just as I am waking up and getting ready for my turn. Today, while Mommy was holding Emerson, I was getting so excited for my turn that broke free of my swaddle and wriggled my way around my crib. Mommy kept peeking around the curtain to see what I was up to, she could hear me working very hard.
Mommy got to watch me work with the occupational therapist today. Did you know that a baby my age should be able to easily reach her toes to her mouth?! The therapist helped me stretch out my hamstrings and my hips to make sure I don't lose my flexibility.
After my exercises, it was time to eat. When I am not drinking a bottle and my food is coming in through my feeding tube, I like to suck on my pacifier to keep practicing my sucking motion. Since I am still little if I don't hold on to my paci, it shoots right out of my mouth.
Shoot the paci...could be a new game!
ReplyDeleteI'll miss seeing you two this week, but keep growing so we can meet. I promise to finish your crib skirts and will make you some special treats too when I'm home for my long weekend!
Love you!
~Aunt Jessie
Harper wants to know if that's a pacifier or a frisbie??
ReplyDelete