Today Riley and I pulled a switcheroo. I had 6 spells overnight, so they decided I needed some supplemental oxygen and I am now sporting the nasal cannula. The doctor decided Riley was ready to go back to room air this morning so she is oxygen free. Mommy could have really pulled a fast one and played the twin guessing game tonight!
Me:
Riley:
My stomach was really big again today, so the doctor decided to give my belly a break and skipped my 11am feeding. I slept through the whole thing. I got to start eating again at 2:30 and sat wide awake in Mommy's arms the whole time. I was wide awake when Daddy visited too. It isn't unusual for preemies to have slow motility, I just seem to be pushing the envelope of what the nurses and doctors are used to. As with everything else, this is something that should improve as I get bigger and stronger.
Riley's isolette is now down to 28 degrees like mine, the last step before the open air crib. The nurse says that moving to an open air crib can be kind of a stressful move for a baby, so they don't like to do it if we have other stuff going on. They will probably wait until my stomach issues resolve before they try to move me.


No comments:
Post a Comment